Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday morning pancakes

This is what happens when after you make your husband's favorite breakfast, he is still sleeping... you blog!

So while I wait, I thought I would post my recipe! I found this on allrecipes.com, and it was the highest rated recipe with over 2,000 reviews!

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.


And this morning, I made a strawberry sauce to go along with it...

Strawberry Syrup

Ingredients

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries
  • 1/4 cup water + 1 tsp cornstarch (a slight change to make it thicker!)

Directions

  1. In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Gradually add strawberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (change) During the last minute or cooking, add the water and cornstarch.
  2. Serve over pancakes, waffles or ice cream.

Well, I think I hear somebody waking up finally!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Man, he's lucky!!! I made frozen biscuits for my husband this morning :)

Anonymous said...

I guess that's the difference between newlyweds and someone that's been married for almost 35 years. If I make homemade pancakes.....and that's IF, someone had better be awake to eat them!