Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The first of many "Mercer Memories"

I am back in the blogging world with a new name, "Mercer Memories," and new motivation to keep up this online scrapbook... because "Simply Savannah" simply won't do anymore. My life is soon to be far from simple in, oh, say, 6 months from now!

Greg and I are so happy and blessed to announce that we will be expecting a little one in November!



We couldn't be more excited as we enter into this new stage of life for us and for our marriage. I have always felt that becoming a wife was the ultimate opportunity in taking part of God's amazing plan for women, but now with me becoming a mother very soon, I am overjoyed at the thought of raising a family to bring God even more glory!

Here are some pictures and "memories" from the last 3 months!

Greg and I both knew that we were ready to start our family, so I had spent the past 6 or so months spending way too much money on pregnancy tests and nervously waiting those dreadfully long 3 minutes! I had told myself that this month I would "take a break" from this madness; googling everything I thought was a pregnancy symptom and staring at a test long enough until I swore I saw another pink line! So on Wednesday, February 29 (after a month of "relaxing") I came home from work and while organizing the bathroom cabinets, I came across an old test, that my sister-in-law Cristie gave me a couple months before! I said "what the heck" and took the test. 3 minutes later I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that pink line- and I didn't even have to squint!

15 minutes later I was at CVS buying every brand of test and thinking "this cashier girl must think I'm crazy!"

Another 15 minutes later and I was drinking a gallon of water and frantically scrubbing my kitchen counter tops (anytime I am anxious, mad, stressed, sad, happy, hungry- I clean!) while I waited for all 5 of those tests to be ready! And here is what I saw as I walked into my bathroom looking through my fingers covering my eyes....





I remember walking in circles around my couch saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh" over and over! How am I going to tell Greg!!??

If you know us well, then you know from the very beginning of our marriage, we have a little stuffed friend named "Porchee" that has been hidden in every place imaginable for each other to find (on ceiling fan blades, a yogurt carton in the fridge, a shirt pocket, golf bag, lunch bag, to name a few...) We find this incredibly funny. So what better way to tell Greg than have Porchee do it :-)



As soon as Greg saw, he looked at me with his mouth open in disbelief, frozen for about 5 minutes! As soon as we took everything in and rejoiced in this exciting news, we couldn't wait to tell our family! (next post....!)

I'll leave you all with this beautiful photo. This is our little nugget at 8 weeks :-)




4 comments:

Erin said...

congratulations!!!! so happy for y'all!

Cristie said...

I couldn't help but laugh out loud with watery eyes while reading this post! It takes me back....oh, say to September 13th 2008! Those are definitely moments that you will NEVER forget! We are ecstatic for you and can't wait for the Mercer boys to meet their new cousin!!

nmanceaux said...

Billie and I are so excited for you two!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back at blogging, and I am so happy that you and Greg are expecting!! Y'all are going to make such wonderful parents :) And from one mother to a soon to be mommy - it is so wonderful. and exciting, and nerve racking. and exhausting, and just a complete blessing from God!! I can't wait to follow your journey through facebook and your blog!! Welcome back and congratulations!!