Wednesday, May 27, 2009

amazing discovery!

Yesterday as I was cleaning out my fridge I made a note to myself to stop buying so much produce just to buy it! I ended up throwing away a stalk of celery, 2 cucumbers, a green onion, 3 avocados, a bag of baby carrots, and an onion. All had gone bad.

I think I have good intentions for healthy snacks when I buy these veggies, but never get around to them when there are chewy bars and fruit snacks in the pantry!

So now I am going to crack down and really only buy what is on my list for that week.... how many times do I say that? haha. I did do a good job yesterday... I only bought 1 item off my list- a box of pudding! :-)

Anyways, I'm straying from my post. So as I was digging through my produce drawers, I came across some perfectly good baking potatoes I of course bought on an impulse and decided I need to start being creative in order to minimize this waste!

Can you tell I hate wasting food??

Last night I planned on making mini ranch burgers (so much fun!) and came across this recipe for potato wedges....here's the link:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Easy-Baked-Potato-Wedges-49200


Super simple and super awesome!

Side note: don't skimp on the paprika- it sounds like a lot, but it adds such a great flavor!

These are so good I wish there were more than two eating at our house because I made so much!

After Greg made fun of me for taking pictures of our dinner, he decided to take the camera and show me how funny I look when I drink...


I guess he's right! He laughs at me every time.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hey! Since you were over here last night, why didn't you clean out my fridge too??? Well, you kind of cleaned out the freezer by eating a large portion of the popsicles!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Mmmm, those burgers look delicious! And I'm a total veggie-waster, too. I'm notorious for buying carrots or tomatoes, then forgetting about them. Horrible, I know!