Now it seems I have been cursed.
Here is why...
Greg and I have been studying Daniel this week, his favorite book in the Bible, and we finished yesterday at Chapter 3 and 4 where the story of King Nebuchadnezzar ordered the courageous Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendego (sp?) into the fiery furnace for not bowing down to his false god.
I have really loved this study and am really excited to continue, except for one thing.
Last night, the entire time of our reading, I could not seem to picture these Godly men and harsh yet confused king as anything but this..

Including the big eyes, the wart on the nose, and even those darn baseball caps.
Don't even get me started on those chocolate bunnies. That is just embarrassing.
Even the story of the Good Samaritan is tainted with an asparagus as the faithful hero.... I am hopeless!
So needless to say, I am looking forward to the day when I meet these great men in Heaven and can finally put these veggie memories to rest!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh - the bunnies! Ha ha ha!
Were you singing "The Bunnies" song? We still sing it every once in a while around here. That and the "Oh Where is My Hairbrush" song. Dad and I loved the Veggie Tales as much as you guys when you used to watch them!
haha. This is hilarious. I too have the wonderful pictures of the drawings from the bible studies I teach my 3 yr olds at church in my head every single time I'm reminded of a story.
I put the recipe up!!!
Post a Comment