I know this post is a little late, but who says you have to start them right on Jan 1st? I guess that kind of thinking is why they are so hard to keep.... way to get off on the wrong foot I guess!
Well, here is my attempt at New Years resolutions for this year!
1. Become a "morning person."
That means waking up and enjoying it i guess? For me it is more of a "don't waste Saturdays and holidays by sleeping them away." And hopefully the enjoying part will follow. :-)
2. Make (don't buy) lunches. (4 times during the week day)
Greg and I hate looking at our statement seeing the list of transactions at food places. It literally "eats" away at your bank account! I am, however, leaving one day a week open for the occasional "lunch with the work guys" for Greg.
3. Try my hand at once monthly grocery shopping.
This one was created yesterday as I made my very first Sams trip since receiving my card a month ago. Now during this trip I learned many things; you can easily get in big money trouble by thinking "bigger is better," but on the other hand, paying solely for packaging at Kroger's is what makes buying in bulk worth it. One "free day"- (what is that?) I am going to make a point to sit down with my receipts and break down the "costs" to see what thing to buy where. I will have to share my findings with you all too! This also means planning meals for a month! I have saved weekly menus from the past couple months, so this may not be so hard... but it is worth a try!
4. Pay off 75% of all debt.
This means Greg's car and both our school loans. We have been extremely blessed in many ways in this area as my car is paid off and running pretty well (knock on wood!) and our very gracious friends James and Natalie have allowed us to live in their house rent free while they are located overseas for Jame's job. What a wonderful feeling it will be to be DEBT FREE!
5. Read and pray with Greg every day.
We both are involved in BSF where we have assigned "homework" for the weekly Bible study, and we find we are rushing on Sunday nights to complete our lesson! So working on this every night will keep us in the word and keep us from unnecessary stress! We have also found that being in constant prayer and praying together has strengthened our marriage and personal struggles immensely! It is easy to forget, so this is definitely a goal for this year!
6. Step up my "homemade" ventures.
After trying my hand at "couponing" I have found that it is very time consuming and has taken a bit of a back seat a I have started full time work. However, in its place, I have been trying my best to make as many things "homemade" as possible. This can save so much money and end up being healthier than some of the store bought options. So far I have made homemade "bisquick." And that is about it, so I have a long way to go!
7. Tell my family I love them more often.
8. Follow through with at least 2 of the new years resolution listed above!!
Happy belated New Years to everyone!
3 comments:
I am very impressed, especially with the once-a-month shopping goal. I try to do once a week, and that's tough! I think it's great that you're planning out your menus, though. I find that this saves us a lot of money (although I'll admit that it is hard to figure out what to get from Sam's and what is actually cheaper at other places). I wish you the best of luck!
I love it Savannah!! Kudos to you. These are very aspiring resolutions, and I know you can do it. Please share your homemade escapades with us all. I'd love to give them all a try. Good luck with everything! I can't wait to check back and see how you are doing on your list. :)
Well! I think that these are VERY manageable :) You ARE amazing and all!
Post a Comment