It started at 4:30 a.m. on November 1st. I was woken up by a contraction that didn't feel like the normal braxton hicks that I had been experiencing for the past couple months. This of course prompted me to grab my phone and start the timing!! I anxiously waited for the next and when it came 20 minutes later, I was overwhelmed with the nervous excitement that this could be the day!
An hour went by with several more contractions slowly becoming closer together and at 5:30, I woke up Greg with "I think I'm having contractions!"
For the next hour and a half we recorded the contractions until they were consistently 5 minutes apart and then we were off to the hospital!
Here we are at the hospital!
By this time, it was 11:30 and we were all hungry, plus the nurse mentioned that a little food could get Anna moving and maybe progress things a little further, so to Denny's we went! In the middle of our lunch, I started feeling much stronger contractions- I even scared our waitress...! By the time we were ready to leave, I was in tears from the pain! Greg called the doctor and we were told to go right back to the hospital!
Once we were checked back in, I had dilated a little more and the contractions were increasing in length and strength, so the waiting began!
Throughout the next several hours, Greg stayed by my side holding my right hand as my left grabbed the hospital bed handle!! He was absolutely wonderful and would tell me when the contractions were making the decent and would almost be over! I don't know what I would do without him!
And here we are after the epidural... :-)
Once I heard those word, I literally started shaking! I just could not believe we were about to meet our daughter!
After about 30 minutes of pushing with the nurse, she was ready for delivery! Dr. Sohner was called in and after 30 more minutes of pushing Anna made her grand entrance! She was born at 6:37 p.m. weighing 6 pounds, 9 ounces and measuring 20 inches long. Here are pictures of this wonderful miracle!
I relive this moment over and over in my mind! This was the most wonderful feeling!
As soon as Greg spoke, she followed his voice!
This is Greg pushing the button that plays a lullaby throughout the entire hospital when a baby is born!
Anna's birth made it very clear to us that she is an absolute miracle! It is amazing seeing God's beautiful and amazing design. We are so blessed with a wonderful and healthy baby girl and the love we feel for her is indescribable!



1 comment:
This post brought tears to my eyes! It made me think of KatieBeth's birth, and not the anticipation for baby Logan's arrival. I loved reading it!
Post a Comment