Looking back at my last post (Anna's Arrival) I am amazed at how wonderfully rich and blessed Greg and I's life has been since then. I remember so many people telling me "Your life is going to change," and "Your life will never be the same again!" and thinking to myself "oh, that's just one of those things people say." Like marriage- you will always run into those people who would set up the married life as something of a struggle and so hard. "Get ready.... enjoy your life now!" So after realizing that a lot of that is based on perspective and attitude, I was so ready to enter into parenthood the same way! Piece of cake!
Well, I think you all know where this is going... :-) Little did I know that what I was hearing over and over couldn't be closer to the truth! I have found that being a mom changes not only your physical life (sleeping patterns, tiredness, those lovely body changes, I think I can add finances in here..., not being able to "get up and go") but the emotional change is probably the most apparent and life-altering change of all. This one I had an idea of, but couldn't fully grasp the concept until I was there- right in the middle of it! What I thought about and how I thought about things changed the moment I saw my beautiful baby girl. Now, in almost everything I do, I am constantly thinking about how Anna fits in, how it effects her, what she is feeling, is she comfortable? Does she feel warm to you? Is that normal? She's tired, she may be fussy, do I have everything in my diaper bag? And on and on!
I am also amazed at how much love my heart can hold. I understand completely what "love so much, it hurts" means. I love her so much that typing this right now is taking me forever because I have to keep wiping tears off of the keyboard! I love her so much that I cry all the time while watching the news because I immediately put myself in those mother's shoes who loose their children, young and old, to senseless crimes, illnesses, on the war front overseas, you name it. I love her so much that I would willingly die for her without hesitation. I love her so much that I already know there is nothing she could do that would take my love away. I love her so much that I am overwhelmed with the realization of how much my own mom loves me.
I'd be foolish to say that this kind of love for her stops at me, her mom! When I see the way Greg lovingly holds her, rushes home to play with her after a long day at work, calls to see how she is doing during the day, peeks at her sleeping in the middle of the night to make sure she is okay, I see this same kind of unconditional love that I feel, and it makes me love him even more (if that could even be possible!)
So here is our little nugget, our cupcake, sweetheart, munchkin, baby girl, Annabug, who has changed our lives for the better! She is growing so fast I just can't handle it! (Which also makes the tears come!- No one tells you how much you cry as a mom!)
Now, its very hard to pick just a few pictures to show the last 5 months... so get ready for some serious scrolling!
Month One
Month Two
Month Three
Month Four
Month Five

































1 comment:
What a sweet post and what you said about always thinking about your children, well it never really goes away. I was not crying till the pics and the one of her sleeping in the blue stripes with the bunny, I cried!! Thanks for sharing, you are a wonderful Mom, just like your own Mom!!!
Love Ya!! Kelli
Post a Comment