Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Well the "hustle and bustle" (what does that mean by the way??) of Christmas is over... and like every year before, it was a wonderful time! The week before Christmas is always VERY busy for me because I am making gifts left and right! Greg's gift is always very hard, and because I don't have a lot of money to spend, I have to be very creative! This year, I came up with a really cool idea to make Greg his very own March Madness bracket to hang in his future game room/office/guy room...pretty much anywhere but the bedroom or the living room! I bought the biggest dry-erase board I could find at Hobby Lobby, some black pin striping tape from an auto parts store, and printable stickers and this is what I came up with...

I'm going to get it framed once I get a coupon for Hobby Lobby and attach a marker with velcro. Greg really liked his present, and I imagine I will have a hard time trying to keep Greg from sneaking this on the plane on our honeymoon!

This year the Mercer's started a Christmas tradition with a get together complete with white elephant gift exchange and games! It was such a fun time. Allison made broccoli casserole and sweet potatoes so I HAD to get a picture of that! haha

Awesome job meech!
Here are the Mercer girls! (well one soon to be Mercer! :-)

The white elephant was really fun... I got a cute Christmas bowl set with muffin mixes...but the best gift award goes to the homemade Obama T-shirt by Tim...or maybe that mini- fountain, I can't decide! haha!
Well, I can't wait for next year! What a fun tradition!

On Christmas day, my family and I went to my aunt Julie's house in Crosby and had a wonderful time with the Latour side!
So I decided that from now on, I'm in the grown up gift age...I got a cordless iron, a teapot for my future collection, and a cute rolling set of drawers for the classroom. And I've also decided that I LOVE grown up gifts haha!

Here is Greg and I's 6th anual Christmas tree picture....


Well, Christmas is over and this time next year I will be taking down my OWN decorations, tree, and lights with Greg! I had a wonderful and bittersweet "last Christmas" under my parent's roof, but I am so excited to start my own traditions next year!

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the new look for your blog! I had fun with you guys at Christmas too! Can't wait to see what Mr. Steve brings as his gift next year!