Tuesday, December 9, 2008

tis the season!

I love surveys! Thanks Rachel for putting this on yours so I could steal it! haha

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper...or newspaper :D

2. Real tree or Artificial? I'm torn... I really like the pre-lit trees, but nothing beats the awesome smell of a real pine

3. When do you put up the tree? During the week after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The week after Christmas... It's called a Christmas tree. There is a house in the neighborhood that seriously has their silver tinsel Christmas tree up all year long because I can see it in the upstairs window. haha

5. Do you like eggnog? Mmmm, yes, but only when hanging ornaments

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hands down. Pink Barbie Corvette. The big electric ones that you can actually drive. Best gift ever.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Greg of course. I really have to be creative with him!

8. Easiest person to buy for? not going to lie... myself haha

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Well my family has a couple... but I hope to have one in my own house someday!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Actually most my cards are hand-delivered with some goodies :D

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? hahaha I totally remember this one! One Christmas when I was about 12, my aunt bought me and Whitney a bra a panty set...and made us show everyone! So embarrassing!!!

12. Favorite/Worst Christmas Movie? Worst movie...The Santa Clause 2 (yea..I can't believe I sat through it) Best movie- Its a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sadly, I am a last minute shopper/sewer. I take on pretty lengthy projects/gifts in a short time!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? only white elephants!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade Christmas goodies!! Those are the best gifts!

16. Lights on the tree? oh yes! and the house, and the bushes, and the windows...

17. Favorite Christmas song? What Child is This

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I love Christmas at home and visiting all my family, but those Christmas vacations are fun!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? hmmm (singing in my head) "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen" Did I get those right??

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star!

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? We used to open on Christmas morning, but now we open on Christmas eve at my Grandma's house.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Lots of things actually... The way people are so obsessive about presents and decorations while forget the whole reason for this day! The birth of our savior Jesus Christ! And how we have this mindset that December is the only month for giving and loving one another.

23. Favorite ornaments? The ones I have collected over the years :D

24. Stockings? Yes!

25. Take turns opening presents? yes, we all have to see what each other got!

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I can't say I really want anything this year. I have everything I could ever possibly want :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the surveys! See you on Friday!

Erin said...

hey savannah. sewing question for you :) i'm wanting to make this bird mobile i saw online (adorable), but since i'm new to sewing i don't have any scrap fabric and you need 10x10" squares. i've looked online but "fat quarter bundles" are kind of expensive and more than i need. can you give me any tips on where to find remnants? can you buy them at joann or hancock or something? etsy also has some, but why pay for shipping if i can find them locally, right? anyways...if you have any insight let me know. i've heard great things about high fashion, btw...will definitely check it out.

feel free to email me: emdubroc@gmail.com

thanks! merry christmas!