Wednesday, July 8, 2009

real America

[updated]

I came across a video today that lifted my spirits on this matter and I think it is important for everyone to watch. This is the true honoring of a real hero.

You don't have to watch the whole thing to get the picture of real America, but it only takes a few seconds to bring tears to your eyes and make you feel proud we have these men sacrificing for us.

Honoring a Fallen Hero

2 comments:

Annie said...

Good post!!!!1

Amanda White said...

I agree that America is great yet like people it has its problems too. We do live in a celebrity obsessed world and at times it is sad to see the way people to react to things, where their priorities are, and how naive people can be about things. However, to make things better you have to step up and make a difference by your actions and your words. Calling people lowly because where they hold their priorities is not the way to do. It is sad that the families of the the soldiers have had to endure such a pain and feel as if nobody cared. But honestly we have lived in a celebrity obsessed country for a long time. Thats what makes our soldiers so great. Knowing this they still go out and fight for the country that they love. Despite the faults and imperfections of people the still are willing to go out there and give their heart, soul, minds, and lives. They don't expect to be mentioned in the news if something bad happens to them even if they deserve it. In the end it doesn't matter what kind of recognition they get from Larry King, Diane Sawyer, People, Time etc..... What matters is they made the choice to go out there and do what they believe in. They fought for America. America is about freedom and choice. If one would rather care about the death of a celebrity that is their choice. No matter how silly you and I may think it is. Our soldiers may not get the recognition we want them to but where it matters they will. In the Bible it says not to be worried about those things on Earth. When you are in heaven you will get your crown. I feel better knowing that when our brave soldiers go to heaven they will get that crown and that will be so much more important and meaningful then a mention on a site. So when you want to defend our soldiers do it with love. Don't use words like lowly to describe people who do something you don't believe in. Honestly, by doing this you hurt the cause more than you help it. God doesn't judge so who are we to judge. It is one thing to state an opinion it is another to belittle someone because they don't have the same priorities. Who's to say that they do not have it in them to go from caring about the man who did the moonwalk to a man who died as a Marine. Something tells me that this won't be approved but I hope that it makes you think. I am not someone who has different beliefs or views than you. In fact I am looking for the same type of movement in the countries direction as you. However, I strongly believe in life, liberty, and the pursue of happiness. I know that my happiness is not the same as others. So if people want to make shrines let them make shrines. I will pay my respect where I believe it should paid. To each their own. That is why we love America right?