And to commemorate this wonderful occasion, I photographed every step of putting up our first Christmas tree! :-)
Yes, this is the first step... it's pre-lit. Which is pretty much amazing.
Next is the beads. But I had to smell them first. Ever since I can remember, the beads that went on the Christmas tree smelled awful. And why I would make sure they still reeked year after year... I have no clue. But a Christmas tree is not a Christmas tree without those stinky beads.
The stinky beads on the tree!
And now the star!
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!
Oh and I almost forgot! The ornaments collected for me by my mom through the years were passed on to me for when Greg and I were to start our own tree.
Check out the "globe" in the middle. Every year we joke that mom must have been feeling very "multicultural" that year. haha.
We have yet to find an "Our First Christmas" ornament, but I might just have to make a Hallmark trip this week to pick one up... and maybe a Tyler candle...and some Vera Bradley. :-)
Well, there is our first tree! I will be posting some more Christmas "firsts" later next week as I will have plenty of time on my 2 week long break!!!!
Oh and I almost forgot! The ornaments collected for me by my mom through the years were passed on to me for when Greg and I were to start our own tree.
We have yet to find an "Our First Christmas" ornament, but I might just have to make a Hallmark trip this week to pick one up... and maybe a Tyler candle...and some Vera Bradley. :-)
Well, there is our first tree! I will be posting some more Christmas "firsts" later next week as I will have plenty of time on my 2 week long break!!!!
1 comment:
It's so pretty! Is my present under it yet? LOL
Post a Comment