Friday, April 10, 2009

Lets rewind!

Time to play blogger catchup!

Rewind to day 1 of our new life together at home! I was so excited to start my wifely duties and make dinner that night, so I took a picture of my preparation...


Greg's all time favorite meal that I have made before is Lasagna. This recipie I got from my mentor teacher at Cy-Creek that the kids had made in class the week before. It is called "mock lasagna" and it turned out very good! In fact, I think I will post the recipie...


Mock Lasagna


1 pound ground beef

1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion (i used white)

1/2 tsp oregano

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder

2- 8 ounce cans tomato sauce

1/2- 12 ounce package medium noodles (any noodles will do!)

1 Tbsp maragrine

1 cup cottage cheese

8 ounces cream cheese- softened (i put it in the microwave for 30 seconds- perfect consistancy)

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup chopped green onions (this added a great flavor to the recipie, however I would cut it back to 1/4 cup- its pretty strong)

2 Tbsp minced green pepper


Brown met and white onion; drain. Return meat and onion to skillet; add seasonings and tomato sauce. Simmer 10 minutes. Cook and drain noodles according to package directions. Add 1 Tbsp maragarine to cooked noodles to prevent sticking. In a mixing bowl, combine cotage cheese, cream cheese (heated in microwave!) green onions, and green pepper. Place half of noodles in a greased 8X8 inch pan. Add cheese mixture. Add remaining noodles. Top with meat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.


** The ingredients may not fit in the 8X8 pan, so you can cut back on the meat topping, cheese mixture or noodles when layering.


This is a wonderful recipie, fairly easy (high school kids managed to do it!) and a cheap meal!

This also freezes WELL so wonderful for leftovers!


Hope you guys enjoy the mock lasagna! That I will always remember as our first meal at home!


Well moving on in the game of blogger catchup...


About a week later, Greg and I decided that we would need a desk to keep our computer at, the printer, all of our files and important papers, and the usual desk items great for cluttering! So we drove on over to Wally World (Walmart) and picked up (well pushed on a cart) a very large, very heavy UNASSEMBLED ( we will get to that later...) better homes and garden wooden desk.


Fitting it into the car was a job in itself... but we met a very nice Walmart employee (quite a rarity) who helped us tremendously! Then getting it into the house... this desk is VERY heavy so after pndering how we could wheel it in the house on a cooler, a suitcase, and a roly chair.... we ended up having to take it in piece by piece... After about an hour or so.... we finally got it in the house, overwhelmed by the amount of work we had ahead of us!

During the next three days, we built this huge desk taking one piece at a time...



The last couple of steps had to be moved into the living room.... Memphis was playing...

Yes, I did use the tools!


And here is our finished project! I love this desk, especially since it was our first "project" together! :-)


Well, I'm glad I was able to get in some catchup blogging! Headlines is on Jay Leno and Greg is calling from the other room! haha! Until (hopefully) tomorrow!

Sav

1 comment:

Annie said...

yeah! Two posts in less than a week!